Beanstack Quick Start Guide
Summer Reading from wherever you are! This year you can register and track your reading online from the convenience of your computer, tablet, or smartphone. You can even log the reading activities for all your family from one account using our library's Beanstack platform.
Who can participate? Everyone! If you read or listen to books you can join in!
- Online registration opens Monday, May 24. Program begins Tuesday, June 1.
- Start your free account (with email & password) either through the library's Beanstack site or the Beanstack smartphone app at Android or iOS.
- If you created one last year, simply sign-in with those credentials (if you've forgotten, give us a call or stop-in and we'll help you get them reset).
- Enter individuals in your family or group, and register each for the age-appropriate Reading Challenge (Children's, Young Adult, Adult).
- This year's challenge is 25 days of reading. Track your day whether it was 10 minutes or 60 minutes! Participants will earn a ticket for the drawings for every 5th day of reading (up to 25 days).
- Additional tickets will be awarded for sharing what you've read by writing reviews.
Be sure to log your reading time -- we're aiming for 15,000 days of reading across our DPL community this summer! Watch the total grow at the top of the page or app!
Reading Rewards for the Adult and YA Challenge
Some of the logging will earn you a little extra surprise, but all badges earned will get you a raffle ticket or few! You can then put those tickets into the drawing of your choice:
- 1 of 3 Kindle Fire 7s (per program)
- Surprise Color themed bundles
- Fandom themed bundles
Again our thanks to the Friends of the Decatur Public Library for making this possible, and to our community partners working with us through these times.
Need more details on registration or logging? Email the library at: ReadingPrograms@decaturlibrary.org