Help for Busy Teachers & Parents
Several ways to get the books and other materials you need
Busy parents, teachers, day-care providers -- Do you need books and other resources for your classroom, your students, your kids learning at home? Here are several ways we can help!
- Teacher/Parent Resource Request -- Let us know age(s) or grade(s) of your students, subjects, and how many books, and we'll gather a bunch for you.
- Picture Book Bundle Request -- Maybe you just need a handful of picture book stories on dinosaurs, princesses, or some other popular theme. Request a book bundle!
- Print Book Lists -- Our library staff have created these lists of everything from board books to chapter books and non-fiction, organized by commonly-requested themes. You can order individual titles directly from the library catalog.
- Online Book Lists -- The titles on these themed lists can be downloaded directly to your smartphone, tablet, or computer using your Decatur Public Library card.
- Child Care Resource Bags -- Check out an entire bag of books and other resources for use with younger children.
- Library Field Trip -- Let students learn library skills in person. We'll introduce the online catalog, and whatever resources fit your class goals. We can help them browse and select project resources.
You can pick up book bundles upstairs at the Children's Desk, and items requested through the catalog will be waiting for you downstairs at the Circulation Desk. Or you can arrange to pick up any of these via Curbside Pickup at scheduled times.
Need something different, or other recommendations? Give a call to our Children's Desk: 217-424-2900 ext. 5 any time the library is open.