How to Participate
- Join anytime from January 2-March 30
- READ! Read any books you want to read! Easy, right?
- Keep track of reading time! Log the time you read during the Winter Reading Program Months. Record 6 hours of your reading time on the reading log. Feel free to check in every time you complete 2 hours.
- Turn in completed Reading Log to the Reference Desk by March 30th
A winner will be drawn from the completed Reading Logs that are turned in by Saturday, March 30th.
- One Prize for YA (ages 13-18)
- One Prize for Adults (ages 19+)
Thanks to our sponsor – Friends of the Decatur Public Library
Children's Winter Reading Program
Join our first ever winter program!
Can I count books that I read on my computer or e-reader?
YES! In fact you can check out ebooks with your Decatur Public Library card!
Can I count audiobooks?
Of course! We have a wide selection of audiobooks you can check out, download, or stream with your Library Card!
Can I count time I spend reading to someone else?
If I finish my log, may I fill out another?
Unfortunately, No. We are limiting it to one Reading Log per person for the Winter Reading Program.
Can I log my time if I do not finish the entire book?
Yes! If you don’t finish the book, don’t fret! Record the time you spent reading it. If you don’t like the book, come in and pick out a new one!
Can I start the program after the official start date?
Yes! Just make sure to get your completed Reading Log in by March 30th.
Can I count reading I did before the official start date?
No. Please only log reading time from January 1st to March 30th!
Do I to check in every time I finish 2 hours of reading?
No, you don’t have to check in. But we would love to see you, and reward you for participating!