Decatur Public Library gives patrons online and mobile access to free eBooks and audiobooks through Total BooX.
Decatur Public Library card-holders can instantly explore, borrow and enjoy dynamic content on their smartphones, tablets and PCs, 24/7. Please note that eAudio books and ebooks can be enjoyed at home, at work, or when you travel but are currently not for use on the computers in the library.
Patrons can download an unlimited number of items and titles stay on the device until deleted.
Downloading the App
For Nook Colors, Android tablets & phones, iPads, and iPhones
- Go to your device’s App Store, and install Total BooX for Library Patrons. Do not choose Total BooX “Reader App”
- Open the app and Select your library. Then input your DPL library card # and PIN.
- From My Library, tap “get books” to browse categories or search by author, title, or keyword. Click on the cover for more information about an item or to borrow.
- Once you’ve chosen an item, click add to add the title to your bookshelf, in your library.
- Once in “My Library”, you can move the book to “a shelf” or open directly from the Recent downloads or reads shelf.
- By tapping the cover you have the options to Read, Move (Copy, if on the Recent shelf), or Delete.
If you want to see all that Total BooX has to offer, browse our tutorials.
If you need help using Total BooX, please feel free to stop by the Decatur Public Library for assistance. You can also visit Total BooX's help section.