Library Field Trip
Bring your class, preschool, scout or church group for a customized field trip.
Teachers, preschool directors, scout and youth group leaders -- Bring your students to the Decatur Public Library for a field trip!
We offer a variety of program elements, suited to the ages of your kids and purposes for the visit. Possibilities include:
- Story time (especially for preschool and younger elementary-aged students)
- Children's section tour (fiction vs. non-fiction, reading levels, how books are organized)
- Resources for class projects (like genre studies, reports on particular topics)
- How to use the online catalog to search and request items
- How libraries work, including a behind-the-scenes look at Technical Services and Circulation
- Children's Section scavenger hunt
- Local History Room tour, including focus on selected elements of Decatur/Macon County history
- Library careers
- Free time to play
- Time to browse books, search for project resources with staff to assist
- Other ideas?
Interested? Call at the Children's Desk (217-424-2900 ext. 5) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need to know:
- possible date(s) & time(s)
- ages/grades of students
- how many students
- how many teachers/adults accompanying
- purposes for the trip, any program elements you'd like us to include
We can also bring the Decatur Public Library to YOU!
If you're a Decatur elementary school or civic organization, our story-acting team of READiculous can bring a free program to you. Check their page for more details, and contact them via email (email@example.com) to discuss details of a program.